Every laptop device there is a separate id number or unique identity with which you can identify one particular laptop model. The model number is required during a lot of times as if you want to get your laptop fixed. Hence if you want to find the model number of your laptop, tap below for the steps.
Steps to find the Model Number of the Laptop
- Suppose if you use Windows 8 model laptop then open your device and open the command prompt by pressing the window key on your keyboard and then tap on the letter X at the same time.
- Now open the side pop up and click on the command prompt(admin).
- Type the command WMIC CSPRODUCT GET NAME and press enter.
- Once you have finished all the steps, the model number of your laptop will appear on the screen.
- Now suppose if you use the HP brand laptop then you can find the model number of your device with alternative steps as well.
- Another method is to use the system information screen.
- Press the FN-ESC button to open the HP system information window.
- Once you open the HP system pop up, a lot of miscellaneous information will be load and hence you have to find out the heading called Product number with which you can find the model number of your laptop.
- You can also find the model number and device name of your laptop in the form of stickers under the device.
- You can find the sticker of the device's details in any corner of the laptop.
- The model number of the laptop verifies the authentication of the device and hence it can be used for identifying the product and brand.
And thus with the help of these steps, you can find laptop model number. In case of doubts, you can also contact the customer care team.