How To Fix a Black Screen on An HP Laptop ?
We are seeing many people complaining about black screens on hp laptops. If you are facing the same issue, this is the place you will get an answer. In this article, we will tell you how you will be able to fix the issue.
The common reason for the black screen on the HP laptop could be the corrupted software. You need to check the antivirus updates and also the connection of hardware cables.
Methods to Fix a Black Screen on My HP Laptop
There are five ways through which you can get the solution of how do I fix a black screen on my HP laptop. The steps are listed below. You can follow them properly to get the answer.
- Reset your laptop (hardware)
You can go for this option if you want a hard rest on your system.
- You can try to turn off your laptop and then switch it on.
- Now detach any hard drive connected with your laptop.
- Try to press the power button for a minute and then release it.
- Now attach the battery and charger of your laptop again.
- Once you have completed all the steps, try to restart the system to check whether it is working or not.
- Try to restart the ecxplorer.exe process.
This method helps you when there is exposure to a virus in your system. You can fix this issue by following the step given below:
- Open the task manager by pressing the Shift+ ctrl+ Esc keys on the keyboard.
- Now hit the Details button to see the explorer.exe process.
- Now select the explprer.exe line and click on End Task.
- Now restart the system once again to check if it is working this time or not.
- If the HP laptop is still not working, you can follow the steps below:
- Launch the task manager once again on your system by clicking on the Shify+Ctrl+Esc buttons.
- Click on File and choose the Run New Task option from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to run a new program. Now you can search for the explorer.exe button to End it.
This is how; you will be able to fix the issue of black screen on an hp laptop.
- Try to update your graphic driver: f your HP laptop has an older version of the Graphic driver, there are chances that it will not work properly. In this case, you need to update it for smooth functioning. You can search the update button from the Start Menu and then click on it.
- Try to disable the fast setup of the system.
If you are still wondering about the steps of how do I fix a black screen on my HP laptop, you can choose to follow the steps below:
- Open the quick access menu by pressing the windows and X buttons together.
- Now select the Control Panel option and click on the power option from the list.
- You need to click on the System settings button and then click on “change the setting that is currently unavailable.”
- Click on Turn on a fast setup from the Shut-Down setting and click on the Save button.
- Restart your system again to check if it is working or not.
- Try to Undo recent changes.
- Go to the Window search box and search for the Restore option.
- Now click on the Create a Restore Point button from the dropdown menu.
- Now you need to select the System Protection tab and then click on the Restore button.
- You will see all the recent changes made in the computer when you click on the Next button.
- Now hit the Finish button to save the changes you have made.
- Restart your computer to check if it is working now.
So, these are some of the methods you can use to answer how do I fix a black screen on my HP laptop. If you tried following all the steps and the problem continues, you can contact the customer support of hp laptops. They will guide you on the methods to fix the issue.