How Do I Fix My Laptop From Overheating ?Nothing is worse than getting disturbed while working in a flow. But sometimes, our laptop starts overheating, which results in slow processing. We all have been there facing this issue. The question is, why it happens, and what can you do to fix it. This article is all about how to fix an overheating laptop so that you can work without getting lag. But before that, you need to know the reasons for this issue.
Reasons For An Overheating Laptop
- Covered Air Vents: Laptops are designed in such a way that they can cool themselves through air vents. Keeping the laptop on a soft or uneven surface, be it a sofa, pillow, or bed, stops the airflow.
- Dust and dirt: The dust and dirt stop the fan from moving properly, and due to that, the laptop starts heating.
- Battery: If the laptop's battery is old or the thermal paste inside the laptop starts decaying, it causes overheating.
Ways to Fix The Overheating in Laptops
- Take a break: When the laptop starts overheating, you should keep it unplugged. Taking a break from work will give time to your laptop to cool down.
- Check the vents: Try to keep a check on the vents beneath the laptop. You can take a brush and clean the dust accumulated on the surface.
- Use compressed air: You can use compressed air to clean the vents of the laptop. It will remove all small particles that stop the fan from moving properly.
- Fan Settings: You can change the fan control settings of your system. You can either check the BIOS menu for the settings or download any third-party application.
- Flat surface: Try to keep your laptop on a flat surface so that the air can pass through.
- Cool Rooms: Try to work in cool rooms or avoid heated rooms or working under the sun. That creates external heat, which gets mixed with internal heat, causing overheating.
- Cooling pads: Use cooling pads to help the fan to increase the airflow.
- Uncovered vents: Never cover the laptop's vents. If you are working for a long time on your laptop, remove all other objects close to it.
How do I call Dell customer service?
Are you interested in buying Dell products, or are you facing technical issues with the Dell products which...View More
How do I talk to HP customer care Executive?
HP users are facing trouble with their laptops. These issues can be the computer doesn't turn on, the screen...View More
How do I speak to a real person at HP?
HP is an American-based multinational technology company that offers various products to customers. It supplies multiple products such as...View More
How do I fix my Acer laptop problem?
Laptops have made work life easy and fast. Laptops are easier to carry and transport and more efficient...View More
How do I contact HP customer support?
HP is known for its best printers all over the world. Although it is a manufacturer of software...View More
Does Acer have tech support?
Acer is a multinational company that specializes in manufacturing hardware, laptops, desktops, data storage devices, and numerous other electronic...View More
All Rights Reserved laptopsupportplus © 2018.